About this project
Show list of needs
Cost of revision and corrections
Cost of revision and corrections in Spanish.
Design and layout cost
Cost of graphic content design and layout of the book for print edition and ebook format.
Trademark registration, consultancy, costs of rights and licenses
Trademark registration, rights and licenses costs. In addition 1 consulting session on Intellectual Property and national and international copyright procedures.
Communication plan in social networks and other virtual supports.
Costs of revision, correction and translation of the Book in English
Review, correction and translation of the Book in English.
Audiovisual material for the campaign
Cost of audiovisual material created for and during the campaign.
Advertising in the media to disseminate the printed edition made for sale.
Commissions and management costs
Goteo, Paypal and bank transaction fees.
Shipping costs minimum budget
Sending Local and National rewards.
Commissions and management costs
Goteo, Paypal and bank transaction fees.
Optimal budget shipping costs
Sending local and national rewards.
Printing of the 1st edition of the book, in limited edition
Printing of the books, with hard cover, in color, with heavy paper. (108 units) Includes ISBN registration.
Printed edition, for sale (English and Spanish)
Costs of the printed edition of the book (280 units). Includes ISBN registration.
|Total||€ 3.988||€ 8.888|
My name is Soraya, I am cultural manager and food expert.
At age 30, I experienced an extreme personal transformation, thanks to which I was able to lose 50 kg of weight.
Since then, I realized that from a personal experience like mine, I could help others. That is why for the last 5 years, my focus has been to work and research about mindful eating, and to devote myself to personal and professional empowerment through food and the arts.
I spent more than half of my life believing that there would never come a time when I could feel good about myself, feeling that my relationship with food had trapped me, and that this bad feeling about my own body would last forever.
Everything changed the moment I was able to make a personal commitment, to have faith and believe that a different life could be possible. From that moment on, I devoted myself in body and soul to research, looking for all the ways to experience wellness, good health and freedom.
The purpose of this Crowdfunding is to create a book, conceived as a practical manual, from which to share my personal experience, sustained on the base of my professional knowledge.
A manual written through the autobiographical story, in conjunction with the development of my professional experience in gastronomy, which led to my 50kg weight loss.
Hence the title of the book: -50kg MANUAL.
A comprehensive vision, presented in a simple way, accessible to everyone. An act of sharing and disseminating knowledge from a personal and real place, to help improve one's own well-being and health development.
Main features and goals of the crowdfunding campaign
A book manual that highlights the importance of self-care and personal conscious work to be able to walk towards a collaborative life concept where, with the energy of all people, a healthier life, full of joy and happiness, is possible.
This document "based on real events", will be based on my professional knowledge. Since 1997, my career as chef, cuisine trainer, arts manager of innovation projects through art and gastronomy, and coach for conscious eating from a holistic vision.
More than 20 years of professional experience dedicated to food, research, food, and people.
The MANUAL -50kg book will include: unpublished recipes, research, new personal discoveries in food and ways of cooking, the path to health support therapies, book connections, techniques, ingredients, people, psycho-emotional processes, and human improvement.
The strength of my processes has been connecting with the wisdom and knowledge of the ancestral practices of grandmothers, but also of other people and ancestors from earlier times.
Rescuing the knowledge and good practices of life in relation to food, processes and modes of cooking, contact and alignment with nature, the use of natural, ecological, seasonal products, food sovereignty and Km0, in addition to including new ways of relating from a place of heart with all living beings, their value and their teachings (people, animals, plants, etc).
The importance of the values of connection with time and space, the importance of biorhythms with light and dark, taking care of basic needs from a place of health, the benefits of healing during rest, a lot of internal management work, emotions, and how to include personal times of conscious thought in the day to day, even as we eat.
The resources we need are aimed at carrying out the following steps:
The purpose of making this book is to disseminate knowledge in an accessible way.
This project has a direct line with the research "El Lenguaje de la Comida: El idioma de las culturas hispánicas", selected by the Observatory of the Spanish Language and Hispanic Cultures of the United States at Harvard University to be presented at the New Research Symposium of the Cervantes Institute in May 2019 in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
This fact is directly related to the MANUAL Book -50kg. In 2013, during my transformation process, this idea was revealed to me as something groundbreaking and necessary.
From The Languages of Energy® we are developing I + I LABs: LABoratorios de Inteligencias Invisibles, which includes the creation of citizen laboratories through research.
The 1st edition of the I + I LAB "El lenguaje de la comida: El idioma de las culturas hispánicas" took place in November 2020, at the Tabakalera Building in Donostia_San Sebastián. With collaboration from KUTXA Fundazioa through the Kutxa Kultur Program, and the support of Medialab Prado and the Ministry of Culture and Sports of Spain, in the context of the Distributed Laboratories action.
Why this is important
My main motivation is to share and contribute to the common good, with the desire to support people, boost their inner power to make positive changes, and to foster the innate capacity of the human body towards the progress of health. Help you feel better, happier.
It seems important to me to share that my personal experience was a complicated process at all levels: social, physical, mental and psychological.
Making the decision to choose what was best for me and my health at all times, made me feel, on many occasions, lost, socially rejected and triggered emotional ups and downs.
The clash with traditions, habits, social circles, and in many cases, the lack of understanding, did not make it easy. I perfectly understand all those people who would like to make a change, but feel unable to do it, or do not know how to do it. I felt exactly the same way for a long time.
According to the WHO, overweight and obesity are already authentic epidemics, and many diseases derived from them, in addition, cause hundreds of mental illnesses in the world that affect balance and lack of health in personal and family life, labor and social.
In a time like the current one, it is essential and necessary for me to contribute what "is in my power" by sharing my experience in order to help that, among all people, a truly significant change can occur.
A change that in the near future will serve to improve the well-being and health of humanity.
WHO IS THIS AIMED AT
For anyone who wants a change and is looking for ways to improve their well-being.
- Social Entities
- Companies with a community vision
Institutions aligned with the importance of promoting social programs that provide an improvement in social well-being and health.
This is an invitation to those people and entities interested in promoting the innate capacity of the human being to progress in their health, feel better, happier, would like to join us and experience this!
The motivation to do this and in this moment, is an attempt to help other people through my experiences, so if this book can be of help to a single person, for me it will have been worth it. THANKS!
- 50kg is a project born thanks to the "-50kg" Conference organized by the international artistic organization PANTHEATRE in Paris, in autumn 2015.
In that presentation, we managed to open the first possibility of modernized experiential conferences through conversations on food in arts and thought environments. In that presentation, we managed to open the first possibility of modernized experiential conferences through conversations with food in environments of art and thought. From that presentation, I discovered that the importance of personal experiences has such a rich and essential value, that I took on the mission of making it known through my work.
A few weeks after that conference, a "gastronomic experimental performance" was held at the home of one of Paris's best-known art restorers, in Le Marais. At that time, they asked me to write this manual book, but back then, living in Paris, I did not have the personal disposition to focus on it, also due to the need to relate it from a mature and neutral place, something that has given me the step of these 5 years later.
In recent years we have managed to turn this first conference into a statement of intent and a personal commitment to life to bring knowledge and experiences to improve well-being and the development of personal health in relation to food, art, sound, and healing, wherever people are.
- ENTITIES AND PEOPLE AS KEY ALLIES FOR THE -50kg MANUAL:
- I + I LABs "LABoratorios de Inteligencias Invisibles: It is the driving force for the development of our research through community experience actions and citizen laboratories. These laboratories are carried out with the support and management of The Languages of Energy®, a grassroots social organization where research that leads to social innovation projects, training programs, outreach actions and publications for conscious human development take place.
- Observatory of the Spanish Language and Hispanic Cultures of the United States at Harvard University (USA): It is the organization that selected the research “El lenguaje de la comida: El idioma de las culturas hispánicas”, to make a presentation at its New Research Symposium in May, 2019 at Harvard University. This, our first research, relates the concept of food & people through unspoken communication languages that are managed at the social level as a means of relationship.
- Soraya Sánchez Fernández: project director of -50kg. Trainer specialized in creativity, certified in the specialization "Science & Cooking: From Haute Cuisine to Soft Matter Science" by Harvard University (USA), she is co-founder and researcher of The Languages of Energy®, as well as a member of GizARTE: Basque Network of Artistic Education for Social Transformation of UNESCO Etxea.
- Marianke Grootjans: Co-founder of the international organization, The Languages of Energy®. She is an expert in healing work through sound and energy. For the last 10 years, Marianke has been a regular music therapist at the Psychiatric Hospital of the Austrian National Health Service, where she has specialized in working with groups of women, adolescents and people in vulnerable situations. She will be in charge of writing the foreword to the book.
- Eleana Velasco: M.A. specialized in “Spanish, Bilingual and Multicultural Education” from George Mason University and adjunct Spanish professor. Eleana also teaches at Brooksfield School (Montessori Method), in Virginia (USA). She is also the Spanish copyeditor and translator at The Journal of Latin American and Caribbean Anthropology. Eleana will be in charge of reviewing, correcting, and translating the publication.
- The Languages of Energy®: non-profit social organization from where the base of the investigations, actions and projects in which we work converge. It is the organization that will support the donation of various contributions for the creation of rewards, logistical support, dissemination, and whose stamp of "publisher of dissemination of wisdom and knowledge for conscious social transformation,” this book will be edited for distribution.